1 Hour Auction Terms & Conditions
The purpose of the 1 Hour Auction is to provide Buyers and Sellers of alpacas a venue to transact business. The auction will be in a Dutch Auction format, where a starting amount is offered as a suggested bid and that amount will be reduced on a regular basis. The alpacas will continue to be offered for sale until a bidder clicks the "Buy Now" button to indicate a willingness to purchase a particular alpaca at the amount currently displayed for that alpaca or the bid amount goes below what was established by the Seller as the "Reserve" amount for that alpaca.
The 1 Hour Auction is designed to run on Mozilla FireFox version 3.0 and Internet Explorer version 7 or higher. Please only use these two browsers during the auction.
Java script must be active.
All conditions pertaining to the actual sales transaction are to be handled by contract solely between Buyer and Seller. AlpacaStreet.com, LLC accepts no responsibility for any contract nor for any language within any contract. It is recommended that all contracts be prepared and reviewed by a licensed attorney.
The following are the Terms and Conditions pertaining to the 1 Hour Auction. They are subject to change and must be reviewed by all participants prior to any auction. Any agreements other than those included are subject to negotiation between buyer and seller.
1. Seller must be a registered member of the AlpacaStreet.com Breeder Program MAX.
2. Sellers offer their alpacas for sale in good faith and must complete any sale in a timely and professional manner.
3. Unless otherwise stated by AlpacaStreet.com, the alpaca offered for sale is registered, or able to be registered, with the Alpaca Registry, Inc. Any known defects must be disclosed on the display page of the alpaca, including but not limited to surgical procedures performed. Lot Entries may include a single alpaca or a package.
4. The Seller agrees to sell the alpaca at any price above the seller’s declared "Reserve" price and at the Terms established by the Seller prior to the auction.
5. Seller agrees to agist any purchased alpaca for up to 60 days at no charge.
6. Costs pertaining to the transportation and travel papers of any alpaca purchased at the 1 Hour Auction the responsibility of the Buyer.
7. Seller agrees to provide Buyer with a contract via e-mail within 48 hours of the close of the auction.
8. Seller’s contract for purchase must include:
- The right for Buyer to have a Veterinarian inspection and to void the purchase if such inspection results in a physical fault (not related to fiber or conformation)
- A live birth guarantee of a minimum of 10 days (except in absolute auctions)
- Fertility guarantee for maidens (except in absolute auctions)
9. Seller may refuse to complete the sale of the alpaca if for any reason they determine the Buyer does not demonstrate the ability to properly care for said alpaca. Seller may decline the sale prior to providing a contract, if in Seller's opinion, such action would be in the best interest of the health of the alpaca.
10. Sellers may sell their alpaca prior to the auction or "Scratch" their alpaca from the auction. Seller must notify AlpacaStreet.com, LLC at least 24 hours prior to the auction of any such intention. There are no refunds of Lot Entry fees, and no substitutions will be allowed within 7 days of the auction.
11. Seller agrees to indemnify Commercial Grade Software, Inc, AlpacaStreet.com, LLC, its agents, employees, advertisers and members for any loss or expense that may occur as a result of this transaction.
1. In order to participate in the 1 Hour Auction, you must be registered on AlpacaStreet.com. If you need to register, Click Here.
2. Buyers agree to purchase any and all alpacas for which they are determined to be the winning bidder and to enter into a contract to purchase said alpaca(s) within 48 hours of receiving a purchase agreement from Seller.
3. Transportation of any alpaca purchased at the 1 Hour Auction is a matter to be determined between buyer and seller.
4. Buyer acknowledges that any issues of warranty on the alpaca(s) purchased are solely between Buyer and Seller and in no way are the responsibility of AlpacaStreet.com, LLC, or any of its agents, employees, advertisers or other members.
5. Buyer agree indemnify Commercial Grade Software, Inc; AlpacaStreet.com, LLC; any of its agents; employees; advertisers and members for any loss or expense that may occur as a result of this transaction.
Sellers are permitted to sell their auction alpaca prior to the start of the auction. No refunds or substitutions will be allowed if the alpaca is pre-sold or scratched from the auction.
All alpacas are subject to withdraw from the auction at the point where the requested bid amount is less than the reserve amount set by the Seller. AlpacaStreet.com reserves the right to set minimum reserve amounts for any 1 Hour Auction.
All payments are to be in US dollars, and are subject to the terms established in the Seller’s contract and are to be consistent with those terms posted on the alpaca’s auction page. All payments are made from Buyer to Seller. AlpacaStreet.com accepts no responsibility for collection nor for the transmittal of any payment.
WARRANTIES AND DISPUTES
AlpacaStreet.com makes no statement as to the quality, health, value or ownership of the alpacas presented in the 1 Hour Auction; nor to the business practices of the Buyers and/or Sellers. All parties operate at their own risk and agree to indemnify AlpacaStreet.com, LLC, and any of its agents, employees, advertisers and members against any loss or expense that may occur as a result of any transaction.
Parties determined to be not acting in good faith or not acting in an ethical and professional manner may be denied participation if future auctions.
AlpacaStreet.com, LLC reserves the right to remove any alpaca from the auction for any reason and at any time. Seller will be entitled to a refund of the entry fee for any alpaca removed from the auction by AlpacaStreet.com, LLC, which will be the sole remuneration to which Seller is entitled.
AlpacaStreet.com, LLC is the sole arbitrator of any disputes regarding auction operations, including, but not limited to, disputes generated from bidding, removal of alpacas from the auction, denying the entry of an alpaca, technical difficulties experienced during the auction, and refusal to allow the participation of a Bidder or a Seller. This does not include anything having to do with the matters contained in the contract to purchase the alpaca.
INTERUPTION/DISRUPTION OF THE AUCTION
AlpacaStreet.com reserves the right to interupt the auction at any time. Any and all purchases made prior to the interuption will still be considered as binding to the Buyer and the Seller. If an interuption prevents any alpaca that was scheduled to be offered at the auction to no longer be presented for sale at the auction, the Seller of said alpaca will be entitled to a Lot Entry in a future auction. Under no circumstances will the Seller be entitled to any additional compensation beyond a lot entry in a future auction due to the failure of Seller's alpaca being presented for sale at the auction.
Any person purposely attempting to disrupt or defraud the 1 Hour Auction in any way, including but not limited to fraudulent bidding; misrepresnetiation of the identity of a Seller or a Buyer, or utilizing any technological means to hamper the operation of the auction, will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.
All parties indemnify AlpacaStreet.com, LLC and Commercial Grade Software, Inc against any damages pertaining to the failure to receive a bid or failure to place a bid.
COPYRIGHT PROTECTION OF AUCTION CODE
Commercial Grade Software, Inc. and Alpacas Street.com, LLC expressly forbid the reverse engineering of any and all auction technologies. By entering this auction you agree, both as a corporate entity and as an individual, to be responsible for any divulging of code and/or techniques used in this auction.
Terms and Conditions may be changed up to one hour before the start of an auction. They are to be reviewed by participants imediately prior to the start of any auction.